Eggads. Sometimes I read through Ricks lists without realizing that I just got tagged. Unfortunately, I am not as well read as either Rick or Todd, tending to lean more towards the Science Fiction/Fantasy side of literature.
1. One book that changed your life. THE DUMMIES GUIDE TO PROGRAMMING IN C++ (laugh all you will, but, this was the first book on programming that I owned and was but the footsteps to my current career. From Band Director to Programmer, that is definitely a change).
2. One book that you've read more than once. LORD OF THE RINGS, by J.R.R. Tolkien (I don't know if you guys knew this, but I was reading these books constantly in high school).
3. One book you'd want on a desert island. TREASURE ISLAND, by Robert Louis Stevenson (currently our after dinner read. What great writing).
4. One book that made you laugh. HITCH HIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, by Douglas Adams
5. One book that made you cry. HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE, by JK Rawling (At the end, where Harry is fighting Voldemort, and the last people killed by Voldemort's wand start appearing, including Harry's parents. I have desires in my heart to see departed family members)
6. One book that you wish had been written. THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SLEEPING WITH YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN.
7. One book you wish had never been written. JUDE THE OBSCURE by Thomas Hardy (Not that it was a bad book, it's just I waited till the night before it was due to read it. I had an all night marathon session to get through it. Perhaps the start of my coffee addiction.
8. One book you're currently reading. A GAME OF THRONES, George R.R. Martin (Great Fantasy writers must have 2 R's in their name)
9. One book you've been meaning to read. WILD AT HEART, by John Elridge (I have started this book at least three times).
And, LJ, if you are reading....Consider yourself tagged!