Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Drowning

Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. Psalms 69:1-2

Week one of 2007 was overwhelming. I can not recall a time that I felt so buried in work, pulled in so many directions. Friday was truly a blessing and a reprieve.

But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation. Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters. Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me. Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.
Psalms 69:13-16

God is so good that he has heard my prayers and lifted me above the mire and muck. Sometimes, my pride does not even let me admit that I am stuck. Or, I am so buried, that I don't even realize that I need to cry out "Abba."

2 comments:

Todd R. Vick said...

Ahhh...pride. My least favorite garment, yet the one I seem to enjoy wearing the most.

James said...

Have you seen Todd wearing his pride outfit? The royal blue is nice, but the leopard print fringe is a bit much.

I trust you've leveled out some...it's astonishing sometimes how much life can weigh on us. My prayers and thoughts are with you, my friend. I miss you.