Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Simple Pleasure

Wow! Can you believe that it is already the middle of January? Nope, neither can I! And here I am with nary a post after New Year's Day. How can I even call this a blog if I never post? Tell you what though, today my brain completely hurts. Some time ago, I posted about how I hated writing my self evaluation at work (how cute, I actually put some clip are in there…I really did try once upon a time), and guess what? Now that I am management, I have to write the other side of the review. Oh well, that's not what I wanted to write about.

A few days ago, it hit me that I do not read to the family anymore. For many years, after dinner, I would read a story out loud. At first, we would retire to another room but gradually, we just read at the table. The last book I remember reading was the Magician's Nephew. Last night, I started Prince Caspian. My voices for Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy came right back and we quickly got lost in Narnia again. The best part was finishing the chapter and hearing Katie say "I like that story."

Take time and read to your kids, it's a simple pleasure that will build years of memories.

P.S. – The BarnPal plates came today and they look awesome.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I love doing it too. My kids also love it when I make up a story for them. The more outlandish the better. Last year was a "Choose your own adventure" with them as Star Wars characters each with their own lightsabers. My daughter, of course, had a pink lightsaber.