Saturday, March 15, 2008

Megan and Me

So, with Cindy and Katie gone Friday night, Megan and I got to hang out together.

Last night, I asked her where she would like to go for dinner. Without blinking an eye, she replied "Hardees." Seems she likes fried chicken, but, she is quick to clarify that Zesto's is better than Hardee's. After dinner, we settled down to watch "The Bee Movie." Better than I thought it would be, but it still wore thin by the time it was over.


This morning, we struck out for Dunkin Donuts and Fivebucks for a morning sugar rush. We brought it all home, and I scrambled up some eggs to fill out the plate. I wanted to go over to Southern States to identify some broadleaf weeds that are popping up, and that is when I discovered the missing Sansa MP3 player. Taco Bell was on tap for lunch, and "Spiderwick Chronicles" was the afternoon entertainment. It's unusual for food to be such a central theme, but we both agreed that we are stuffed.


Megan wanted to buy Katie a toy for placing third in the Quiz Rally, so after the trip to KB Toys, I think I am done.

3 comments:

Rick said...

"Train up a child in the way she should go" includes proper training trips to Starbucks. Well done, oh MP3-less one.

Alan said...

Sounds like a great time to me Chuck. I do loves me some Hardees.

James Spaugh said...

Having overdosed on Hardees as a kid because it was the only fast food around, I have stayed away for years. However, we have recently rediscovered it and the burgers are quite good. Nice reference to DR with the Fivebucks.