Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I have woken up this morning in my room at my parent's house. What a neat feeling this is. For my friends who still live in SC, especially Columbia, it probably would not make sense to go and spend the night at your parent's house when you live so close by. It is truly a treat.

This year, we deviate from the typical trip itinerary. Usually, we go to my Grandmother Morton's house near Conway. It is a house built by her father and brother and sits right off of Highway 90. Dad drove to her house yesterday and brought her to Columbia. In some ways, it will be better, but I will miss going to her place. The kids love playing there, and call it "GG's Cottage."

Here are some of the things that I am truly thankful for:

  • My Wife - What a wonderful woman! She wears so many hats during the day - mom, teacher, violinist, horse wrangler, first aid technician. She has a spirit that loves God, and loves other people. She is gentle, but watch out when she gets fired up. She is my bestest friend.
  • The Kiddos - Kit Kat and Megster are reflections of different sides of my personality. Yes, they have a lot of their mom in them, but I often see myself in their personalities. Perhaps that is just me projecting. Katie is the dreamer, the artist. Megan is the comedian, the show man.
  • The Beards - I don't talk too much the Beards, but I am so thankful that God has crossed our paths. As a couple, we have just clicked. We had a blast in Charleston this year and looking forward to many more adventures.
  • Dave Ramsey - It has been two years since Cindy and sat down, did our first budget and decided to live debt free. We have gotten our financial lives in order, achieved some savings goals and are ready to move on to Baby Step 4+.
  • My Net Buddies - I can't believe that we have reconnected in a cyber kinda way. Your enduring friendship has transcended space and time. Along the way, they have introduced me to some of their friends, and this weird melding of extended buddies has begun.
  • Health - God has truly blessed me with some good health. I have, unfortunately, uncovered extra weight this year, but that will be taken care of soon.

Since today is Thanksgiving, take a moment to write out what you are thankful for. Silly, serious, it is all good. But, just take time to be thankful. And, uh, pass the turkey.

1 comment:

Nick B said...

Hey Chuck! First, I love that John Williams video...we all just watched it twice!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Cindy, and the kids! While you were blogging, so was I and I listed much to be thankful for...too much to cram up your comment box, they're listed here: http://rtrsbm.blogspot.com.

Tell Cindy I said "Hi!" and enjoy the day!!!