Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Microsoft Tool

Ok, I admit it. I am a Microsoft tool. Perhaps it is because everything comes nicely packaged in an install or an update. Perhaps it is because I have made my career in developing applications that target Microsoft platforms, or, because I use Microsoft Development tools. On the computer that I am writing on now, I have Windows Mediacenter edition. Heck, I am not even sure what a mediacenter is, but by golly, I have it! I browse the web with Internet Explorer and I exchange emails with Microsoft Outlook. You read that right Outlook. Not Express. Outlook: I forked out money for Office (of course, it helped that I worked for a company that was a Microsoft Partner that could get deep discounts). I track all of my finances in Microsoft Money.

But recently (hushed tone),I have, uh, installed Red Hat Fedora on another machine (and guess what, it was free). And LJ has got me using Firefox. Tabbed browsing rules, and for those pages that don't quiet work so well, there is always the IE tab extension. And PL has made me into a Gmail convert.

So, don't pass it along to MS that their boy as been playing in the neighbor's yard. I might not want to come back.

No comments: