Saturday, January 30, 2010

Picasa 3.6.0: Coolest Thing I Have Seen Today

If you are like me, you have tons of electronic photos that you have been snapping for the last 10 – 15 years. Do you use a photo organizer?

If you don’t, give Picasa (from Google) a try.

I opened up Picasa looking for a “photo stitching” tool to help me with my Panoramic photos. There wasn’t one, but, I was prompted to update the software.

Following the software, I noticed my hard-drive spinning, and Picasa was stating that it was “scanning.” However, the “scanning” was under a new tab labeled “people.”

Picasa was scanning our photos looking for faces. Once you tag a few faces, it starts to build an album.

And it really works…notice how it is accurately picking out my daughter even at different ages in her life:

image

Now, that is cool!

2 comments:

Nick B said...

I'm a loyal user of Picasa as well but I haven't tried this yet. You think it'll pick out the different species of trees from my 100s of trail running pics?

George said...

I got my parents a MAC for Christmas and it does that too. VERY COOL indeed. I'm excited to know that Picasa now has it too.