Monday, January 19, 2009

Moe's and MLK.

I am just about to go out and put some gas in the cars, but thought I would fire off a quick post. Today, Cindy and I met with an "Endorsed Local Provider" for investments. ELP's are endorsed by Dave Ramsey and meet certain criteria.

The meeting was long, but by the end, Cindy and I felt more comfortable about inviting this person into our financial plans. I left with one of those "I really should have done this a long time ago" feelings. But, honestly, I wasn't ready for it. Also, the past two years have been spent getting out of debt and getting an emergency fund in place (plus saving for the Pony Puller).

The meeting was three hours. Wow, I wasn't expecting that much detail. The girls were fantastic, and we went to Moe's for lunch. How could I pass up a burrito called an "Art Vandalay"?

We had a great conversation about MLK. Nothing too deep, but just that not too long ago, the color of your skin made a really big difference in how you were treated. MLK, and others, thought this was wrong, and did something about it. MLK made a famous speech, in which he said that he had a dream that one day people would be judged by the content of their character, and not the color of their skin.

It was also neat to mention that tomorrow, the first black president will be inaugurated. What a historical moment, and an achievement for all American.

No comments: