Saturday, January 03, 2009

Ok, I haven't thought about this ...

Did you realize that Star Trek:TNG launched with Encounter at Farpoint twenty two years ago this fall. That's right, twenty two years.

I can remember in 1991 when Jay and I drove from Cola Town to Hotlanta for a 25th ST Anniversary showing of the first five movies. Gene Roddenberry had just passed, and the ST:VI trailer was premiered, not once, but twice. The movie marathon was accompanied by the phrase "Sit Long and Prosper." We tried to pace ourselves, but still, ST:V was dog hard to get through. We drove back to Cola the same night.

2 comments:

George said...

Ooooh! 22 years? That is a cruel reminder to post on a Trekker's birthday. Now I feel really old.

Steve said...

I was talking with my 9-year-old today and realized I was his age when Star Wars first came out (May, 1977). I actually was younger...dang!