Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snowped!

It was to be the biggest snow that we had in four years. It was supposed to start at 4 am. It was supposed to be three to five inches of snow.

But, this is Hampton Roads. The Anti-Snow Zone.

I was a bit disappointed when I left to go to work. I was hoping that it would be coming down. We had messages on our phone announcing the possible closing of the office due to the Winter Warnings. By 11:00, we received the official "office closed" message, but work from home if you are able.

I wanted to wait to see what was going to happen. By lunch, the sun was peaking through the clouds a bouncing off car windshields. Perhaps during the afternoon, towards rush hour, we would get socked. I would wait until 4:00, just to see.

We got Snowped. No Snow. Although the temperature was correct, it was too dry. What did fall as flurries quickly evaporated prior to hitting the ground. Personally, I did not see anything.

Personally, I wished I would have just gone home.

No comments: