Friday, May 26, 2006

Urban Legend Emails

You know what annoys me? How a wonderful tool like email can be used to spread urban legends! How many emails do I get in a week about some missing child or request for financial opportunity? Once you start realizing that Urban Legends are commonly passed, your Spidey Senses starts to tingle when an email smacks of UL. Typically, a quick google will reveal the UL. I use to reply to the sender with a link and a smug "please check your facts" type of message. But not anymore. But still it annoys me.

1 comment:

James said...

I wondered about that...I am still waiting for money and trips to Disneyland and some funny email "pop-ups." After so many years with the Internet one would think people would be more saavy and we would have seen the end of email crap.