Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Day After

Right after the Christmas feast, I put Scrooge into the DVD player. This has to be my favorite musical and my favorite screen version of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.

So...for all of the wonderful gifts received this year, I can only say:

Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!
That's the nicest thing that anyone's ever done for me
I may sound Double-Dutch
But my delight is such
I feel as if a losing war's been won for me
And if I had a flag I'd hang my flag out
To add a sort of final victory touch
But since I left my flag at home
I'll simply have to say
Thank you very, very, very much!

1 comment:

James said...

Do you remember watching this together at 222? Simpler times...

With apologies to Ralphie, Jimmy Stewart and the Griswold family, the Albert Finney musical version of "A Christmas Carol" is my favorite Christmas film!