Saturday, November 15, 2008

Google Reader and Shared Items

Ever since I switched to Google Reader, I rarely directly visit blogs. It makes it convenient to go through a large cross section of post in one convenient location.

I have used other readers, but have found myself always drawn back to the Google Reader. Where ever I have Internet access, I can get to my reader.

Another feature that I like is the Friend's Shared Items Feature. Rick is a good "Google Reader" Citizen, because he shares many articles that he has caught his interest. So much so, I count it an Honor when he "shares" on of my posts.

Came across something interesting in his shares:

If that doesn't pique your interest, head over to Greg Boyd's site.

many Christians have tragically allowed their patriotism to co-opt their faith. They have allowed their American citizenship to take priority over their Kingdom citizenship -- despite the New Testament's instruction for disciples to consider themselves "foreigners" and "exiles" wherever they happen to live (Heb. 11:13; I Pet 1:17, 2:11) and to consider their real citizenship "in heaven" (Phil 3:20). Many American Christians seem to want a Jesus who will defend their country and hate their national enemies as much as they do.

No comments: