Sunday, January 22, 2006

Tough Week, Spirtually Speaking

I was on a spirtual roller coaster this week. Work has been a real drain. I learned a new label: Christian Sub-culture. Just trying to find out the scope of that label and how it is applied got me wrapped around the axle Wednesday night. Bible study and orchestra rehearsal that night were zero fun because my mind was grinding on that phrase. Thursday morning I was on my knees in tears because I was convicted that I enjoy the safety of sharing my faith in Church and am not reaching out to the lost world. Thankfully, Friday was "Family Movie and Pizza Night." We (Cindy (wife), Katie (daughter - 8), Megan (daughter - 6 and I) watched Disney's "The Ice Princess." It was a sweet enough movie, and the CiCi's pizza was delicious. Saturday, I made the mistake of checking work email, but, committed to not take any aciton until monday morning.

And then Sunday.

It seems that the best worship I experience is when I get Chuck out of the way and just praise God. The music, that on wednesday night was so distant, elevated me into His presence. Yes, there were more tears, but they were tears of release and of...joy.

You alone are my passion forever
Song of my soul, desire of my heart
You alone are my passion, my treasure
I love You for all that You are
To the ends of the earth I will follow

There's nothing that I will not do
You alone are my reason for living
Jesus, my passion is You
My life, my love, my God

You are my life, my love, my God

========

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand


No comments: