Sunday, April 02, 2006

Science Study Proves that God Does not Answer Prayer

The John Templeton Foundation will be publishing an article in the American Heart Journal that that intercessory prayer has "no effect."

Ok, does anyone else think this has to be some kind of joke? They actually spent 2.5 million dollars for this? Who provided the funding is what I would like to know. When I read that the same prayer was recited for two weeks by several groups, I immediately thought of Matthew 6:7

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

4 comments:

Rick said...

i'm not following the disconnect. the premise of the study was wrong, and it more proves that "fake prayer" is worthless than it says faithful prayer is ineffectual. but that's just me :)

Chuck said...

It's not just you.

When I heard the report, my initial reaction was "well, duh."

Rick said...

for more on "prayer and healing" :) - http://vanguardchurch.blogspot.com/2006/04/power-of-prayer.html

Todd R. Vick said...

This explains why my darned hangnail won't get better. :o)

I'm with you, Carlos, who funded this study?