Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day

When it comes to fatherhood, I still feel like Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark: I feel like I am just "making this up as I go along." On a day to day basis, it is hard to see how much progress I am making in my adventure, and often leads to the ultimate self doubt question: have I made the best choices? Unfortunately, I know that answer: no. But judging my day to day progress is like looking at the individual dots of paint in Seurat's "Sunday Afternoon." You have to stand back and look at them all (mistakes and all).

Today, we went to Bush Gardens in Williamsburg right after the 8:00 am Church Service. Park attendance was light, so the queues were fairly quick. We got to ride the Loch Ness Monster and Escape From Pompeii twice. Katie and Cindy rode Apollo's Chariot while Megan and I took it easy on the Elephant Run and the Turkish Delight tea cup ride. Finally, we queued for forty five minutes to ride Roman Rapids: the wait was worth every drenching ounce of fun. We spent five hours in the park and it was time to go. Traffic from Williamsburg to Chesapeake can be hectic on a Sunday afternoon, and we got home around five thirty. Overall, a very fun Father's Day.

No comments: