Saturday, September 27, 2008

Going Donald Trump

Last night I had to exercise one of my duties and give someone the opportunity to find a new career path. It had been coming, it was properly documented, the employee had several reprimands on file. But still, when it came right down to it, it was not as easy as Trump makes it look. My boss gave me one piece of advice: remove any sharp objects from reach. Not sure if he was actually serious. What really hit me, was later on as I was hanging out with my girls, was that the former employee was now at home with his family.

5 comments:

George said...

Yeah, firing someone stinks. I've only actually had to do it a couple of times and I always feel terrible. Ususally they see it coming and bail out on their own. Either way, they still hate you.

Martha said...

I have had to do disciplinary action - severe steps just before termination and also job eliminations. I wanted to throw up before and after each time before I did it. I'm sorry you had to do that. It is not fun. Necessary, but not fun. Sorry about that pal.

Alan said...

The firings will continue until morale improves!

James said...

So you smoked a guy, huh? You know, if he wasn't cutting it then think that in some way you might be doing him a favor. He could easily come out on the other side of it with something he enjoys more.

Chuck said...

He was my first. The weird thing is, if he could of hung on for one more week, he would have been downsized and had a small severence.