Saturday, March 21, 2009

Waking up at the Hilton

Saturday Morning. Just finished brewing a pot of coffee in the mini-coffee pot here in our room. Cindy is watching the morning news while I type this out.

This was our overnight get-a-way. Sure, it is downtown Virginia Beach in the Pembroke area, but, it's some good quality "us time." Something that there has been not quite as much of late due to busyness.

Busyness. It can be a real downer on your relationship with your spouse. Once schedules get spinning, sometimes it feels like you are passing ships, exchanging pleasantries. It reminds me that relationships aren't accidental, and requires effort. Otherwise, you start to get a "something's missing" feeling.

After work, Cindy and I left the kids with our friend and then drove to meet out Financial Peace Buds, the Beards, at the Hilton Garden Inn. We relaxed in the lobby, just catching up, and then walked over to the Cheesecake Factory. I've never been there before, but WOW, it was so good. We left there around 11:00 and headed back to the hotel for more fellowship. An episode of The Office, and 30 Rock, then off to bed.

Sleeping in for me, means that it is after 5:30 am. So, at 7:00 am, I declare that I actually got to sleep in. Yes! Getting up slowly, making coffee and posting on my blog.

A good morning, indeed.

No comments: